Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Multimedia Talents of Stephen Ferguson

I think there are few people in the Fractal Art world today who have such a wide range of talents as someone like Stephen Ferguson. While Steve is mostly known for his programming and mathematical skills which were so clearly displayed in his creation of the very popular fractal programs Sterlingware and Tierazon back in the late 90s, he has always been, and still is, a dedicated fractal artist. In fact, I've always thought that it was Steve's artistic appreciation that helped him to make what I consider to be the most creative fractal art programs ever.

So I wasn't really all that surprised when I came across Steve's newest project -- a YouTube Fractal Art slideshow set to music. Of course, many fractal artists (and their fans) have put together slideshows of artwork and added a music track from a favorite song or famous classical composer like Mozart, Steve has included his own music, composed and played by himself.

Steve did tell me he didn't really "write" the music, but instead just made it up as he went along, and then added a drum track and an extra guitar track afterwards, but I thought it was pretty good and just confirmed my earlier suspicions that Steve is just as much an artist as he is a mathematician and computer programmer.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I present the Art, Music and Guitar playing talents of Stephen Ferguson -- Orbit Trap's first musical guest:



The video is also viewable from Steve's own site.

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger ktazaco said...

Thanks for writing the blog entry about the video. I feel honored. The slide show software that I used was Nero v6 software. Slide show and video creating software is starting to get some notice and has been around for awhile. There are already many sophisticated fractal videos and slide shows on the Internet if you take time to check them out.

There are some good fractal videos at you-tube, in particular the one where Arther X. Clarke is talking about the discovery of Mandelbrot set, I thought was very good.

regards,
Steve

11/26/2008 5:39 AM

 
Blogger Nahee said...

I have always enjoyed the images created by Stephen, and of course the many applications he has made available for the public to use.

I also just watched the latest slide show he posted on his site. I will be checking more often now!!

Thanks for posting this and letting everyone know.

12/15/2008 6:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home