Monday, October 30, 2006

The Persistence of Vision

This is another example of the Popcorn algorithm doing what I love about it: adding depth and texture, and a surreal distortion all at once.

My mother was a little worried about me using other people's images in my Sprite work (I had to ask myself when my 72 year old mum - who is also an artist - started worrying about such things...but never mind...).

So lately I've been trying to exercise my limited and stagnating talents in "real world" media. Hence the decalcomanias on my blog, but I've also been trying to do a bit of drawing. The image above was created by running Sprite on this:


...wich was drawn from this:


...which appears in the latest issue of New Scientist. That eye made me think of Slavador DalĂ­ - I don't know if it's his eye - which hinted at a title for the image.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Makin said...

Super example of using "Sprite".
I've been thinking it's likely to produce good results using "Sprite" or "Bring it in" with my attractor formula in Julia mode.
I wish I had your drawing skill Mark :-)

10/30/2006 11:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home