Thursday, November 02, 2006

Squares of different magnitude


I quess I've had an infacuation with spheres and circles for quite awhile. Some can be perfect in shape and the spheres can have refraction, reflection, shadows and all kinds of properties that are real to the human eye. Squares are also interesting but circles and spheres really take the cake.

When I look at a sphere, I see a shape with infite points of reflection.



Shown here is an image of squares rendered from an IFS algorithm. The squares in the image may not be perfect of shape and each square is probably different in size by a very small magnitude. I don't really know too much about the sizes and magnitudes of each square, I just know that the IFS algorithm rendered it and that is the way that it is.

regards,
Steve

2 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

"When I look at a sphere, I see a shape with infinite points of reflection."

I think of max volume for a given surface area. (Or min surface area for a given volume).

11/07/2006 9:12 AM

 
Blogger anonymouse said...

ifs of this kind always remind me of ascii art.

>Shown here is an image of squares >rendered from an IFS algorithm.

11/07/2006 11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home