Saturday, January 06, 2007

Posting Problems

This is a bit off-topic, but has anyone else been having trouble posting, especially with uploading images? I switched over to the new blogger the other day and ever since then, I can't upload any images - The image upload window cycles and tells me that the image is uploaded, but no image appears, and the image upload window then pops back up, prompting me to upload another image. This happens with both IE and Firefox. Very strange..
I looked through Help, but couldn't find anything there.

Thanks,
Paul


3 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Hmmm, sounds like the new blogger is still buggy. The last image I uploaded, about a week ago, was very slow and I just about gave up when it suddenly displayed a Done button to press. After pressing it, the image was accessible. About the only thing I can suggest is to be sure you've given it lots of time for the Done button to appear. I think I was 5 or 6 minutes waiting.

A bug I've noticed is if you are linking to a PNG, the blogger entry cuts off your byline in IE6. Not Firefox though. Maybe its the old Microsoft PNG bug. Fixed in IE7 I hope.

1/07/2007 9:40 PM

 
Blogger Tim said...

I just tried to upload an image to my personal blog which is also on Blogger and using the new Blogger service and it worked okay. I was using Firefox and Opera. I couldn't try IE7 because I've got W98.

One thing I do know about Blogger is that sometimes it's slow and unresponsive. I assume this is because the servers are really busy. If that's the case, the best thing is to try again a few hours later or after 10pm or something like that. Around lunchtime, 12-2pm EST, Blogger is often slow for posting. Sundays may be different, or worse.

1/07/2007 9:50 PM

 
Blogger Dzeni said...

I don't have any problems posting graphics to blogger but that is because all my photos are hosted on flickr (its free). This means that all I need to do is to link to the image in flickr. Also, that gives users the option of seeing the graphic in question in a larger size as well.

1/08/2007 1:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home