Monday, July 16, 2007

Joker

Looks like this'll be my last post. Was in the works before the latest argument so I may as well post it.
--


From time to time I notice what kids are watching on TV and the other day, it was the original Batman movie. I got a chance to appreciate what I'd missed before. The musicianship of the Nelson Riddle orchestra playing with the Batman theme like it was nothing - which I suppose to top class musicians, it is. There was Cesar Romero's Joker. Amazing performer. Burgess Meredith's Penguin, faw! Hwak wak wak. He spoke good english. His underlings were known as... the finks! Yes, forgot about that. The Catwoman, with her cat puns, purrrfectly. The Riddler... What's given, but never taken? Advice! They all had strong voices. Even the executive producer, who was the narrator. Is it all up for the dynamic duo?! All of which set off a train of thought: can kids shows be considered an art form? Sure. My spidey sense is tingling... wallopin' websnappers!


--
About the arguing... I won't hear a word against Wal-Mart while I'm a bond holder... my financial advisor recommended them to me and I usually just do as she suggests. Sooooo.... I'm one of the evil oppressors for now, at least until the bonds mature... and if they crash, no doubt the lefties will step forward and make good my losses... gov't bailouts, yeah!!! :-) Round and round and round it goes, where it stops... I remember the first time I stepped into a Wal-Mart, I said to the person with me, "where's the greeter?" There wasn't one, but as I was looking around, my glance came upon an employee who'd overheard me and he gave me the cheesiest welcoming grin... Ha! There he is!

...hadn't realized that PNL was out of favour in some circles. I've always found Paul to be cordial and helpful. Guess some people had different experiences. I did wonder why he hadn't been invited here.

Re: Bias and/or Sour grapes... I'm reminded of the Salon De Refuses (damn, my french is bad!) where the Impressionists organized their own exhibition of works turned down/refused by the entrenched Academie de Beau Arts (ouch, my french, whatever academy of fine arts translates to). Perhaps the fractal world needs its own Salon De Refuses - all those not in contests or calendars, jump in! (joke, joke)

Final thought: after the words are said and done, your art has to speak for itself. That should be a sobering thought for any artist. What does my art say? It says, this guy's an idiot!

Good bye and good luck with your art and projects.
P.S. You are allowed to use colours besides brown... ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dzeni said...

Sad to see you are going. I liked the last (brown) piece you posted. Will miss seeing you here.

7/16/2007 10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home