Saturday, December 23, 2006

Joy to the World



It is that time of the year. I'm hearing the music in all the shopping malls. I'm seeing Scrooge and the Grinch on TV. All the signs point to it. Every time I hear John Lennon's "And so this is Christmas, and what have you done?", the answer that flashes through my mind is - NOTHING! Well, it's not really that bad. For me, making fractals is a rapport with my maker, even if I don't always live up to the relationship :-(. So as it's Christmas, I'll wish a Merry Christmas to those who subscribe to it, and others can substitute, "Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea/Joy to you and me" :-)

-

My condolences to Juan Luis on the loss of his mother. 59 seems a very young age to go. The Christmas season can indeed involve sadness.

2 Comments:

Blogger cruelanimal said...

Very festive image, Philip.

And I'm glad you went with the lyrics from "Joy to the World" rather than the chorus from the more New-Year's-Eve-appropriate "Shambala," which, if memory serves, went:

Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

12/23/2006 9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, yes, Shambala, vintage Three Dog Night ;-)

I almost saw 3DN. I had my ticket purchased, and these were the days where you had to go down to the stadium to buy them. As the big day approached... 3DN cancelled! Turned out, they booked far more cities than they intended to play, saw how many tickets they sold in each, and then only went to the ones which sold the most. Indeed, it made them the most money, but that they could deliberately waste the time of whole cities (and my time - of course I had to go back to the stadium box office to get a refund), and disappoint the fans therein, was a revelation to me. Soured me on bands for years :-) All I can say is, "Mamma told me not come/ That ain't the way to have fun son" ;-)

12/24/2006 12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home