Saturday, August 04, 2007

Something in Common

Sometimes, creating fractals can be an exercise in frustration. Most who are familiar with the medium will probably be able to recall many unproductive sessions where nothing "worked". And then, every once in a while, it all comes together. The images below all share the same basic Apophysis parameters.

Ocean Song

Ocean Song

Ocean Symphony

Ocean Symphony

Dusty Rose

Dust rose

and finally,

Same Skin

Same Skin

All of these will feature on my blog at some point in the future. If you want the large (ie: desktop wallpaper) version, you can get it from my flickr stream.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I've always wondered about those, "artist's block" times, too. I've come to the conclusion that sometimes I can actually get bored with trying to make something work and this pulls the plug on creativity, which I believe is a reaction to inspiring things. What I've found works well is to take a break and do something else. Being at home with the kids however, gives me plenty of interruptions and often redirects my plans in ways that are unpredictable.

This is also one of the reasons why I'm so big on experimentation and randomness in digital art: unintentional actions often lead us to new and inspiring ideas.

Nice wallpaper. I especially like the borders. More people should use them because it's a nice balance between having a good image to look at while still having an area for icons that also has a smooth background that permits readable captions.

8/04/2007 2:07 PM

 
Blogger Dzeni said...

Thanks Tim. I'm glad you like the "icon space". I started trying to incorporate it into my wallpapers after feedback from a viewer.

8/05/2007 1:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home