Sunday, January 14, 2007

Chaoscope - Rediscover Joy

I have recently rediscovered the joys of chaoscope. The latest version agrees with my new computer and has some nifty features. For example, hitting <ctrl><r > will randomise the gradients which is cool. The other neat thing about Chaoscope is that if you have a particular gradient that you love in Apophysis, you can save it as a .map and then use it in Chaoscope. Brilliant stuff.



Below are two of my most recent creations:

Glass Bowl

Glass Bowl

Mystery Gift

Mystery Gift

My only problem with "Mystery Gift" is that in large size, the shadow and edges are quite "jaggy". If anyone out there knows how to get "soft lighting" or smooth shadows, please let me know (you can find my contact details via my blog). The background for "Mystery Gift" was done in Paint shop pro. Basically I chose a black background for the render and then edited the graphic after rendering. Its easy enough if you have the correct tools.

Hopefully this has inspired some of you to give Chaoscope a go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home